Consumer Reviews of Vehicles
How do I submit a vehicle review and how long does it take to post?
If you'd like to share your car ownership experience with others, please use the Edmunds.com Consumer Ratings and Reviews system to post your comments:
Under "Write a Consumer Review," select the Make, Model and Year of the vehicle you wish to review and then click "Go."
At this point, you will be prompted to sign in or register (if you have not done so already). After signing in, you can complete the review form (sample below).
During the process, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
When a Review is Published
- Make sure you are reviewing the proper vehicle.
- Describe your experience in at least two or three complete sentences.
- Include examples and reasons for your likes and dislikes.
- Provide an overall analysis that supports your rating.
- Discuss any mechanical or body work the vehicle has incurred.
Once submitted, most reviews are published within two business days; however, a review may be rejected for any the following reasons:
Removing a Review
- The review contains profanity or offensive references to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or social and economic status.
- The review is not relevant to the vehicle in question.
- The review insults or offends other consumers' opinions.
- The review includes html or links to other websites or web pages. (Please use plain text only.)
- The review promotes or advertises a dealership, website or business.
- The review is an ad to sell a vehicle.
- The review solicits the opinions or advice of prospective reviewers. (If you would like to exchange experiences or advice, please utilize Forums instead.)
Once published, a review is available indefinitely. We may, however, exercise our right to remove a review at any time -- for example, if we determine that the review violates our submission guidelines or our Membership Agreement
. However, we are not obligated to remove any review and will do so only at our discretion.
If you believe a review should be considered for removal, please click the "Report It" link on the review in question. Provide a valid email address and the reason(s) why you believe the review should not have been published. We will investigate and respond.Related ContentLong-Term Road TestsCar ForumsBest Cars Lists